[Zope] iterating over localfs objects

Jonothan Farr jfarr@real.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 19:21:19 -0700

> Puzzled, I tried creating a new dtml-doc and copying the same
> code... no luck. It only works in methods.
>
> Is it the way it's supposed to be ? Or maybe a bug ? Zope 2.2.4
> here, served by ZServer on SGI / Irix 5.3

This behavior has nothing to do with LocalFS. It has to do with the behavior of
DTML Methods vs. DTML Documents. A DTML Method does not have its own namespace,
so it searches the namespace of its containing folder. You are trying to search
the DTML Document itself for LocalFS objects, and of course it doesn't contain
any. This is a FAQ and I'm sure is covered in the Zope documentation somewhere,
although I'd be hard pressed to point you to it (or anything else for that
matter).

Hope this help clear things up.

--jfarr