[Zope] Problem with checking roles an authenticated user has

Richard Ettema richard.ettema@yoursolutions.co.uk
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 13:05:03 +0100

Hi,

I have a site which includes a members area. When a member logs in, extra
features are made available on all pages compared to a non-member.
The problem is that sometimes the authenticated_user test I use does not
come back true once someone has logged in. This problem does not occur all
the time or with any particular page. It is being very unpredictable!
This is the dtml-if (placed in the standard_html_header) I use to check...

 <dtml-if "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role('a_member') or
AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role('Manager')">

Any ideas what my problem could be?

Thanks for any ideas

Richard