ZPT and GoLive? was: RE: [Zope] More WebDAV fun.

Tim Hicks tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:57:10 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Upton, Sean" <sean.upton@uniontrib.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 7:46 PM
Subject: ZPT and GoLive? was: RE: [Zope] More WebDAV fun.

> Somewhat unrelated, but... suppose one is willing to work around such a
> problem, and one wanted to have documents created within a GoLive site by
> default create ZPT templates, not DTML documents?  So I want to create a
ZPT
> document titled 'document.html' (I know, I'm caving in to Adobe/Macromedia
> et. al) and it is created from within GoLive, not via the management
> interface?  Is this possible?
>
> Forgive the newbie-ness of this question, but my current dev box is
running
> the Debian packaged 2.3.0 (I guess because of hotfixes?), in which WebDAV
is
> broken, AFAIK, so I am currently using passive FTP within GoLive to access
> my Zope site...  I am editing ZPT pages created within the management
> interface just fine in GoLive (assuming I use .html and .xml for my
> extentions @#$%!!!), but new ones create as DTML docs.  Anybody have any
> thoughts on how to change this behavior?

I asked something similar to this about a week ago.  Brian Lloyd gave a very
helpful reply about using the PUT_factory hook to catch uploads of new
content via webdav/ftp.  This link will get you to my first post, and you
can follow the thread -
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/ByKey/3A2B28987E169BB4
.  I have got the PUT_factory method working in a product here by largely
using the external method example code provided by Tres Seaver (see
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/HookablePUTCreation).

Hope that helps

tim