[Zope] IE 5.5 "Warning: Page has Expired"

Paul Smith paul.smith@bristol.ac.uk
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:41:24 +0100

Dear all,

Not exactly a Zope question, but something that has been driving me nutty
over the past few weeks whilst using Zope.

I am using IE 5.5, with Zope 2.3 on WinNT 4.0. The 'problem' is, that after
merrily editing away on some lengthy DTML Documents, I click on 'Save
Changes'. Damn - I forgot to close out one of the <dtml-if> statements, so
my page has not been saved. Click 'back'...

...but instead of the lovely DTML I was just working on, I get:

"Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using
information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a
security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your
information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button."

Obviously clicking the refresh button does not help, as this just reloads
the frame set, and dumps me back to the main root directory.

I'm guessing that this is some security issue in the browser as I am
authenticated whilst administering this Zope installation.

Any ideas as to how to get round this (apart from obviously saving the
stuff more regularly?) This does not appear to be a problem using Netscape,
but for some reason I prefer using IE with Zope.

Cheers

Paul

Paul.Smith@bristol.ac.uk
Internet Development
Institute for Learning and Research Technology,
http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/ University of Bristol, 8-10 Berkeley Square,
Bristol BS8 1HH, UK Tel: +44 (0)117 928 7083, Fax: +44 (0)117 928 7112