[Zope] [newbie]Password...

Patrick patrick@eahd.or.ug
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 19:56:02 +0300 (EAT)

Go to your zope home directory...

$cd {zope}
{zope}$ su
Password:
{zope}# python zpasswd.py access
This will bring up a list of prompts

Username:admin    		#the name of the super user
Password:         		#the new password
Verify Password:  		#the new password again

Please choose a format from:

SHA - SHA-1 hashed password
CRYPT - UNIX-style crypt password
CLEARTEXT - no protection.

Encoding:			#type of password (SHA or CRYPT advisable
				#for security reasons. CLEARTEXT means
				#that the password is kept like that and
				#anyone with access to the file has
				#aoutomatic access to your admin password.

Domain restrictions:		#leave blank util you've read & understood
				#the howto posted earlier by Tino ie
		http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Misc/SECURITY.txt
{zope}#

You are then ready to login with your username and password.
Note that {zope} refers to your zope "home" directory ie the one in which
the start script resides.

My 2 cents,
Patrick.