[Zope] [Q] how to ftp to :8021 using a MAC

Capesius, Alan CapesiusA@Sysmex.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:14:43 -0500

Probably useful to mention what software you are using.

Generally: specify the port as :8021 after the host name or enter it on the
port selection field before connecting.

You may also be getting nailed by a firewall (if relevant).

Does a PC work? Try using passive transfers (PASV). Try using telnet on port
8021 and see if you get a response from the server when you connect.

Some FTP clients just don't allow port changes.

As far as the digests go, I agree. So switch to individual mails and filter
what you read using the subject (as someone else suggested).