[Zope] insane Central Daylight Time, Zope 2.2.2

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:37:11 -0500

Brian Lloyd wrote:

> > >:( The problem is that DT is probably trying to do too much with
> > >magical timezone recognition. At some point, some bonehead (and
> > >I suspect it probably was me) accepted a request to add CDT to
> > >the mapping without noticing that it is a good example of an
> > >ambiguous timezone name.
> >
> > Not a solution, but for part of the history, see
> > http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/1999-April/000323.html where
> > Martijn Pieters writes about a change to DT
>
> Hmm - ok then, (because there is no specific defender
> of 'CDT' - the mapping was copied from some perl library) I
> propose to just remove it altogether
> (in which case the right thing should happen for both cases).
>
> Could you do a quick test and verify if things are sane for you
> if 'CDT' is simply removed from the mapping?

CDT is not ambiguous at least in the US <g>. I think there was
just a mistake made in the map. Didn't Dieter report that the two
designations for Central European Time are CET & CEST?

--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.
http://www.FreePM.com Office: (901) 884-4126