[Zope] Use of webdav client.py

Fernstrom, Christer Christer.Fernstrom@xrce.xerox.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:47:54 +0200

I intend to synchronize two Zope servers (where files may change on either side between syncs) and thought I would try to use WebDav instead of FTP, since this will hopefully (!) help manage locks during the process. I have tried the client.py in the webdav folder (included in the zope 2.3.0 beta I use), but there are really very few clues as how to use it. I manage to create a Resource that represents an object on the server, and to do some simple operation, like myResource.get(). But how do I list a folder contents? (Zope sends back the index_html when I do get() on a folder). And what are the keyword parameters of the different functions ? And is there any documentation of what exactly the functions do? Also, will a WebDav lock prevent updates via Zope management screens? (I could of course try this, but if anybody knows already...). Any hints welcome.

christer