[Zope] insane Central Daylight Time, Zope 2.2.2

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:28:34 -0500

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> Using the short form of timezone names (e.g. "EST", "PST", &c.) is a
> good way to get yourself really, really, _really_ confused. Use the
> fuller 'Australia/Victoria' or 'United States/Pacific' forms.

Good point, but I'm lazy and a very poor typist. :-)

> Or just use UTC/GMT. If your system writes down any records with
> datestamps in them, you may find horrible things happen to you as
> you switch on and off daylight savings.

For storage and logic I agree. But for display, users like to see
the time in reference to 'current local'.

--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.
http://www.FreePM.com Office: (901) 884-4126