[Zope] creditshard

Ron Bickers rbickers@logicetc.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:33:29 -0400

Number 3 of the ZPL (Zope Public License) under which Zope is released
states the following:

"Digital Creations requests that attribution be given to Zope in any manner
possible. Zope includes a "Powered by Zope" button that is installed by
default. While it is not a license violation to remove this button, it is
requested that the attribution remain. A significant investment has been put
into Zope, and this effort will continue if the Zope community continues to
grow. This is one way to assure that growth."

My understanding is that it used to be required, but that was a turn off to
some, so they "reduced" it to a request.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.
rbickers@logicetc.com