[Zope] large images to a database via zope.

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:49:21 -0400

Is this really true?  Has anyone benchmarked it?  After all data.fs is
stored in the filesystem and benefits from the same RAID, cache, etc.  Seems
like some relevant questions would be:

1. how much space would, say, a 5MB image take in data.fs (of course, it
takes 5MB stored in the FS)

2. how long would it take to serve the same 5MB image to 1000 separate
requests, comparatively? (this should test caching)

3. how long would it take to serve, 1000 different 5MB images to 1000
requestors simultaneously, comparatively? (this should test uncached
performance)