[Zope] What things _really_ mean

Russell Hires rhires@earthlink.net
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 08:22:57 -0400

Hello everyone,

I've been going through the "How to: Build a Searchable Job Board", and
being the newbie that I am, I've been having trouble.

First, it's a great recipe. I can make many a cake with it. The same kind of
cake, the same kind of yellow cake. The same kind of yellow cake with white
frosting...

Second, (and this is where the subject line comes from) it occurs to me that
the "objects" are really just web-pages. "Methods" are pieces of web-pages,
though methods also seem to be a way to do something with the stuff you put
into forms. "Properties" are forms. A "property sheet" is a collection of
forms...

Third, in light of the fact that the HOWTO says it is for those new to
programming, I have proceeded to make changes to this HOWTO mainly to make
it easier for me to deal with the various concepts and process, and to make
it more generalized, so that it isn't simply a recipe, but something you can
look at without the content and get a better idea of the concept behind it
(a lot like Zope!). Along with this I have used some content from one or two
different sources and integrated it into the HOWTO. Naturally, the changes
I've made are private, but perhaps when I'm done doing everything I hope it
could be published (with appropriate attributions and permission from the
original author), in the hope that it my changes will be more helpful to the
next newbie that reads and follows this HOWTO...

Thoughts?

Russell

  _its_ (no apostrophe) means "the thing that it owns"
  _it's_ (with apostrophe) means "it is"