[Zope] Calling dtml method from search result

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 22:55:33 +0200 (CEST)

Byron C. Servies writes:
 > How do I call a DTML method that I have acquired as a result of a ZCatalog search?
 >
 > I can get the path to the method from the catalog, but I cannot figure out how to
 > actually call the method and put the output in the output for the results page.
Modern ZCatalog's have an "getobject" method beside the "getpath".
"getobject" gives you the object instead of the path.

Alternative: whenever you have a path, you can use
"restrictedTraverse" to resolve it into an object.

Dieter