[Zope] Cobalt cubes and Zope

Luciano Ramalho luciano@hiper.com.br
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:20:22 -0300

We bought a Cube 1 in 1998, and we did use Zope on it for a while, until
Zope started requiring Python 1.5.2 compiled with threads. We never
managed to compile that in our Cube, and the key drawback of that first
generation was the lack of support for upgrading the OS.

AFAIK, newer Cubes make it easier to upgrade the OS. The real test is
this: can you compile Python 1.5.2 (and now Python 2.1) on it? Once that
is solved, the rest is easy.

Regards,

Luciano Ramalho