[Zope] zope rant

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:58:58 +0200

chrisw@nipltd.com said:
> Okay, you tempted me to say more ;-)

And you said more, but almost all in the future tense. Gee, if it weren't for
the great possibilities that Zope has, I'd probably had binned it a long time
ago (plus, I am very sure, lots of others). I think we were discussing where
Zope stands now, and that is (IMO) that it covers simple to moderate websites.

On the other hand, when I'll get some time I want to check a multi-tier
architecture (web client, Zope, business logic server, database) where the
web-developers would get Zope, and the software developers would get
Smalltalk. If a clean cut is possible, I think that it would be a near-ideal
development environment.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>