[Zope] zope rant

News system cg@cdegroot.com
17 Apr 2001 10:49:24 +0200

ethan mindlace fremen <mindlace@digicool.com> said:
>Not as far as I know.  If anything, we've heard the critique loud and clear
>and are investigating how to represent the 'rich' information in the ZODB
>as a 'flat' filesystem.  What we're hoping for is that it would allow you
>to manage artifacts in the ZODB using tools you are used to, ala grep, CVS,
>etc.

I hope everyone at Digicool has worked with Smalltalk. No flat filesystem in
there, and somehow no need for it, because the IDE does everything you
normally need (and more than grep - grep cannot give you a list of all methods
that call another method from their body, and this sort of stuff is accessible
in Zope).