[Zope] Zope support through the community

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:35:12 +1000

Chris McDonough wrote:

>  > > There seems to be danger that this great support through a community
>  > > member will have a fate similar to Tino's "in" patch:
>>
>>  What has happened to that?
>
>Evan put up a proposal derived from Tino's patch at
>http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/PrefixedTagVariables ...
>it's not quite the same but it serves the same purpose.

Yeah, and it also breaks the code of everyone who adopted Tino's
patch, unless we continue to update and apply the patch even after
DC's fix is in.

DC ignored the community's requests for a fix, as well as
community-supplied patches, for a long time. So the community dealt
with the problem in the open source spirit - Tino gave us a very nice
and simple patch, and we gratefully adopted it. Now that DC finally
wake up, they come up with a solution that penalizes everyone who did
not just sit there waiting for DC to offer a fix.

And what's their justification for this? That some people might have
defined variables named 'sequence_index' or 'sequence_item'.
Everybody please stand up who ever defined such a variable.

Ok, rant over. So I need more sleep. And a vacation.

Itai
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itai@optusnet.com.au            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"      --