[Zope] laction-bar with absolute url's

Tapio Hüffner tapio@gmx.net
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:43:07 +0200

hello ng,

I want to implement a location bar on my webpage like zope has implemented
(not at the webpage but at application).
It should look like:
root / folder / subfolder / ...
and you should be able to navigate with this location-bar, so that "folder"
is a link to root/folder and "subfolder" is a link to root/folder/subfolder.
And then "folder should not be a link to root/folder/subfolder/folder just
because of acqusition.
The sructure of my webpage is a folder system, so that naerly every site is
a folder.

My resolution for this problem is:

     <dtml-in getPhysicalPath>
     </dtml-in>

This works good, but I have of course a problem with the acquisition.
The links are only relative and it could look like
root/folder/subfolder/folder/folder/folder/...
in the location-bar of my browser when you click on folder a few times. The
"folder"-page is shown correctly because of the acquisition, but I don't
want this strange path-behaviour in my browser. For that I want to create
absolute links to "folder" or "subfolder". The links should be absolute
links to the folders URL, separeted by /.
Can somenone explain to me how I could implement this?

Thank you very much,

Tapio