[Zope] CatalogAware does not work?

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:36:06 -0600

Milos Prudek wrote:

> I followed Automatic Cataloging example in Zope Book, Chapter 9.
>
> Everything works fine except automatic cataloging of newly created
> fields ("author", "content"). When I change data in those  fields it is
> not reflected in the catalog.

[snip]

> --
> Milos Prudek

CatalogAware does not update things when properties are changed. This
can be solved by intercepting manage_editProperties and
manage_changeProperties, but I'm not sure if this is practical in a
ZClass.

Why couldn't CatalogAware do this? If nobody has a good reason, I might
push forth a patch to CatalogAware to implement this.

--