[Zope] dns(?) question

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:13:23 +0200

> I have an internal linux machine running zope and a freebsd firewall
> running
> ipnat/ipfilter, dns, and apache.

> I would like to set zope up so that a) people can access it, and b) so
> that
> people can just type in "zope.silentcooperative.com" and have it
> redirected
> to the proper machine.  I don't want to use mod_proxy, squid, transproxy
> or
> apache at all for that matter for the redirection.

> Can I do this in DNS in conjunction with NAT or is there a low overhead
> suggestions for doing this???

This isn't very zope-specific, but

Pointing the dns to your firewall's external ip + port forwarding
should do it, I once had a similar setup (modulo dns and firewall,
but the port forwarding part).
Also a siteroot to rewrite zope's generated uris.

While being offtopic for this list:
You're really running a dns-service on your firewall, accessible from outside?

cheers,
oliver