[Zope] Native Database for Zope

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:33:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Yvonne Totty wrote:

> My boss says that we need to mirror our system between
> here (Mobile, AL), the UK and Germany. I do not know
> why, but this needs to be done.

It sounds like an odd requirement.  I think what you should clarify with
your boss is: what is the motivation behind mirroring a database at three
locations?  Does your boss want a database in each place, or an
*application* in each place that users interact with?

I bet it's the latter, and the way your boss thinks this is done is to
mirror a database in all your locations, where really there are many
easier web based solutions for bringing an _application_ to remote
locations and having only one database location.

If what you really want is a distributed application, then using Zope with
ZEO and possible some kind of relational backend would be ideal.  The
following two chapters will probably help you make that decision:

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/RelationalDatabases.dtml

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/ZEO.dtml

-Michel