[Zope] Child/Parent Object Searches

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:26:25 GMT

I'm not quite sure that Zope is the tool for this problem, so I'm asking the
experts.  This is the problem.

I have a PAT object, this PAT object is a folderish thing that can contain other
PAT objects (as children of the parent) and also PRIO objects, which pertain to
the particular PAT.  The hierarchy can look something like this...

PAT_1 -- PRIO_1, PRIO_2, PRIO_3

 +-- PAT_2 -- PRIO_4, PRIO_5, PRIO_6
 |     }
 |     +-- PAT_3 -- PRIO_7, PRIO_8, PRIO_9, PRIO_10, PRIO_11

 +-- PAT_4 -- PRIO_12, PRIO_13

I want the users to be able to load various PRIO objects into a particular PAT
folder.  Moreover, and most importantly, if I am viewing the PAT_3 object, I
need to be able to list all of the PRIO objects in all of the other related PAT
objects (i.e., get a list including PRIO_1 through PRIO_13).

Is there some type of query statement (to the ZODB) that I could return such a
list?

Cheers,

Ron