[Zope] Pb with SiteRoot + Zope 2.3.1 or Zope 2.3.2b1 + Suse 7.1

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:42:02 +0200

Hello again! I just hit the wrong button ;-)

> I have installed first zope 2.3.1, then zope 2.3.2b1 on a linux Server
(Suse
> 7.1) and following problem appears with both version:
> I try to connect to the management interface through the Zserver with
> following address http://localhost/Zope instead of http://localhost:8008/
> (my port 8080 is yet in use). To do this, I read the How-To: Using Apache
> with ZServer (NOT Zope.cgi) and decide to use the "First example: Partial
> Zope-ification" and not the virtual host example. It explains exactly what
> need and want, but it doesn't work correctly. All the images and most of
the
> links are correctly interpreted, but some links such as logout,
preferences
> or the path in the manager interface don't link the correct pages! So, if
> clicked of the logout link, i get following: "you don't have permission to
> access /". The " no permission " - problem is normal, but that the link is
> "/" and not "http://localhost/Zope/ is not normal.

>From Zope 2.2.x on, using mod_proxy has worked perfectly for us. I just
checked: The logout also works. To understand your problem, I'd need more
details, like copies of the mod_proxy configuration etc. Maybe it is a bug
in SuSE 7.1. Our servers run SuSE 6.4 and 7.0 ...

Cheers

Joachim

P.S.: We met at CeBIT, yes?