[Zope] Migration to Zope

Luciano Ramalho luciano@hiper.com.br
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:49:31 -0300

XX XX wrote:
> We have an exsisting portal with
> ASP and SQL Backend.Now we plan to migrate it to
> Zope.Can Any one help me out it can be done.

You don't need to change anything in your databases, but you will have
to radically modify your ASP/HTML files to use Zope.

> Also I
> want to know whether its possible to use PHP for
> server side Scripting.

If you are migrating to Zope, it's better to stick to Zope's own
scripting mechanisms: DTML for conditional and iterated HTML generation,
Python Methods for business logic and SQL Methods for database access.
PHP and Zope do not integrate well.

By the way, I am curious: why are you switching to Zope?

Regards,

Luciano Ramalho