[Zope] Migration to Zope

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:03:28 +0100

Luciano Ramalho wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
> > Sorry, but they are two completely seperate products, ask Evan ;-)
>
> Can you tell me how they differ? I thought py-methods were just a
> previous manifestation of py-scripts.

Scripts are designed to replace Python Methods, but Scripts are not just a
renamed version of Python Methods. IIUC, there are significant differences
between them. Having never used python methods, I'm not in an ideal position to
comment ;-)

> Are there valid reasons for using
> py-methods instead of py-scripts today?

Apart from not having to rewrite legacy python methods, no, not really.

cheers,

Chris