[Zope] __basicnew__ errors

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:07:22 -0400

> Whenever I try to import an object from one Zope (2.3.0) to another
> (2.3.1) I get a
>
>   Error Type: AttributeError
>   Error Value: __basicnew__
>
> <snip>
>
> Why might this be?  Can anyone shed any light onto what __basicnew__
> does?

__basicnew__ is a rather low-level initialization method in
ExtensionClass... I've never seen this before though :(

> And has anyone any pointers to understanding these pickled
> traceback things?  Whenever they occur, I find it's usually due to
> inconsistencies between the pickled product-related info and the
> products loaded from the filesystem, but I don't know how to go about
> debugging it.

There is definitely some problem unpickling one or more of the
objects stored in the db (the junk in the traceback is the
actual pickle string), but I don't have a quick answer for
you on the cause here. Is it possible that you forgot to
copy over a (filesystem) product that defines a base class
or something used by these instances?

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909
Digital Creations  www.digicool.com