[Zope] Proposal of forking the zope@zope.org list

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 13:25:11 GMT

I agree with Tim.  First, splitting the list would mean that we would have to
monitor more groups.  Second, I have learned a lot from the more sophisticated
uses simply by keeping up with this list-group and I doubt the newbie list
would be nearly as rich as the current list.  Third (although I don't do it
enough) I can help the newbies with those basic questions that I used to ask
and in some small way contribute to the group.  It is that last (important if
not crucial) input that makes this list so attractive to the new users and thus
enables them to get up the rather steep learning curve that Zope offers.

Ron

> "Dario Lopez-Kästen" wrote:
>
> > I propose that we split^H^H^Hfork the zope@zope.org into the following
>
> >    zope-adm           - Discussion on how to administer zope
> >                         and problems/bugs related to this. Including
connectivity to
external databases                              and webservers.