[Zope] Proposal of forking the zope@zope.org list

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 17:53:55 -0500

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> I am not in favour of splitting the list.
> I would subscribe to all sublists with the exception
> of "zope-newbies".

I'll go out on a limb here and say that, that's okay. You
shouldn't subscribe to newbies.

> But my social responsibility tells me, that newbies must
> be able to voice their problems where there are more
> experienced users that may solve them....

A year ago you were helping 'newbies' like me.  I think that your
social responsibility has been elevated by the growth of the list
membership.  Myself and other's that are kind of in the middle
have a responsibility to the newbies. You should no longer spend
your time pointing out HOW-TO's. Myself and others, can handle
that now. <s>

The split lists would allow you more time to answer the tough
ones (that's my selfish motive <vbg>).

--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.
http://www.FreePM.com Office: (731) 884-4126