[Zope] pcgi_publisher.py -- still needed?

alan runyan runyaga@thisbox.com
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 23:59:57 -0500

I am hooking Zope and IIS together and along the way saw a comment saying,
pcgi_publisher.py is no longer needed, since z2.py can publish requests.
so in my zope.pcgi I changed PCGI_PUBLISHER to C:\WebSite\z2.py instead of
C:\Website\pcgi\pcgi_publisher.py and it works just fine in fact its faster!

Question: is there any reason to continue keeping pcgi_publisher.py in Zope?
I did some quick benchmarking using httperf and it seems that using z2.py is
slightly faster (Zope2.3.2b2 default /index_html),  about 4.5% faster.
Should I put this in the collector?

I think pcgi_publisher would be nice to have as a standalone python library.
but I dont see the benefits in the standard zope distribution since you can
use z2.py to publish pcgi requests?   or is my terminology all screwy ;p?

thanks,
~runyaga