[Zope] Forking the Mailing List

Huston, Virgil H. vhhuston@switch.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:35:48 -0400

At this stage, I most definately need a newbie list. I have been all over
the zope web site, read documentation, etc., and still don't really have a
clue even how to install it or if it will work on my host companies servers.
All the documentation assumes that everyone has some basic level of
understanding. Maybe I'm the only one on the list who is completely confused
(the unstructured documentation doesn't help), so maybe I shouldn't even be
considering Zope. That said, I need a CMS, have no budget and every other
open source product I have looked at makes Zope documentation look like the
best in the world. That isn't saying much, however. The documentation seems
to be there, but is so unorganized that I have trouble knowing what I need
to read, learn and know.

My newbie $.02
Virgil