[Zope] Tree tag, python scripts & returning an object

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:35:02 +0200 (CEST)

Ivan Cornell writes:
 > I'm trying to use a python script in the branches_expr of <dtml-tree> to
 > return a list of relevant nodes, but the tree tag seem to require an
 > object for each node containing id, url attributes, etc. Is there any
 > way of doing this using a python script, or do I have to create a dummy
 > class in an External method instead.
The "tree" command definitely needs ids for the objects as it uses
them to code its state. But you can redefine which method is used.
If your objects are "Aquisition.Implicit" instances, they
need not define the method themthelves but may acquire it.

Dieter