[Zope] finding zope python libraries.

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:09:29 -0400

There is also the "pth" file mechanism.  I believe it works the same in *nix
as in Windows.  It's what I usually use.  Create a file named anything.pth
and put it in the same directory as the python executable.  "anything" can
be any legal filename.

In the .pth file, put each path you want to add to the pythonpath, one path
to a line.  When python starts, it reads all the .pth files it finds and
appends the paths in them to its path list.

Using this method, you can have several different python installations, and
they will each use their own paths, which isn't always the case if you use
the PYTHONPATH environmental variable.

Cheers,

Tom P

Dieter Maurer wrote