[Zope] JavaScript windows like framework?

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:26:36 +0200

> I'd love to collaborate on this, one day, when I have a moment or ten
> ;-)  I want to create a gui for my CMF products, so users who only
> ever run MSWord will be able to create and mark up content.  There's
> already plenty of DHTML out there to do some of the bits.  I think the
> main effort would be designing a really extensible framework which
> could layer over Zope in all its future incarnations.

I just emailed to =C9ric Barroca (eric@barroca.net), he has a product
name MSWordDocument which uses wvware to convert word-files
to html for zope.
I think wvware is really good for this task and it can convert
word-files into various format (PDF, Latex, DVI, html, ps wml).
It's configurable via xml-files. You just have some tags like

which means that a bold text in word is rendered as <b>...text...</b>.
So it would be relativly easy to change that to use for instance
a custom css.

Erics product already gives you the possibity to write
<dtml-var "myworddocument.text"> to get the html-rendered
content.

cheers,
oliver