[Zope] asp request and response objects

Tom Cameron tom@cameron.to
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:53:33 +1000

Hi There,
I am a newbie at this too. I have moved from ASP to Zope in the last year.
It was a good move, but not a simple one.

I found the hardest thing to grasp at first was the name space structure.
Acquisition was also difficult - the basic concept is quite simple, but the
finer details or how it behaves takes some getting used to.

Tino is right, don't try to look for parallels too much. Concentrate on
grasping a completely new concept and look for its strengths.

As for REQUEST and RESPONSE, the same objects exist in zope with slightly
different functionality (and different syntax obviously).

Stick at it, python is a very nice, straight forward language and combined
with Zope it provides very powerful web publishing solution.

Good luck.

Tom Cameron.