[Zope] Bad File Descriptor error - zope crashes at startup

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 22:35:42 +0200 (CEST)

Jason Cunliffe writes:
 > Developing Zope on local laptop [Win98se 192Mb, Zope 2.3.1] before upload to
 > Linux server. A system crash last night and now Zope starts ok, but quits
 > the moment I try to access it from a browser request:=>
 >
 >     self.file.flush()
 > IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor
Looks like a severe problem.
I guess that crash has damaged some essential infrastructure,
the socket library, a Python module or a ".pyc" file.

I would save my "var/Data.fs" (maybe install on the Linux system,
to see it works).
Then reinstall Zope, if necessary Python, and see whether things
improve. The next reinstallation would be the socket library
maybe Windows....

Dieter