[Zope] Unsightly data.fs buildup?

Tony Tocco sindau2002@hotmail.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:20:29 -0000

While adjusting security and roles I noticed some behavior that concerns me
a little.  If you create a new role, assign it some rights, delete that
role, then recreate a new role with that same name, it retains the rights of
the deleted role.

This same behavior is exhibited when you pack and restart as well so that
means that somewhere in the object database, junk is not being garbage
collected when you remove roles.

Is there an easy way to remove this information?  Are there other scenarios
like this that might cause the system to gather useless data?

Best Regards,
ttocco