[Zope] merging two databases

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:08:14 +0200 (CEST)

erikoloferiksson@yahoo.se writes:
 > Hi, I have an old installation of Zope with a lot of ZWiki-pages that I
 > would like to merge into another installation. The old installation only
 > resides on backup-tape, so it would be nice if I just could open the
 > Data.fs file from the old installation into the new installation and
 > select the pages I would like to copy into the new installation.
The basic approach is export and reimport.

Unfortunuately, Zope supports the export only for single
objects. This implies the need for intermediate steps:

  * Copy the complete structure

  * Delete everything, you do not like in the other environment

  * Export the structure

  * Import in destination

  * Copy everything at the final destination.
    This step may need to get automation support
    in case the structure is not flat and upper hierarchy
    nodes are already present at the destination.

Dieter