[Zope] Windows ME bug - abrupt reboot

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:04:10 -0400

> when he runs start.bat, bin\python.exe z2.py -D his machine abruptly reboots
> he can not get ZOPE working on his Windows ME box.  I searched the archives
> to no avail.
>
> Anyway suggestions on how to track down the problem?

Hi Alan... this isn't much to go on, unfortunately.  :-(  There's a
certain camp that says OSes shouldn't do this.  I've got one foot in
that camp, but I'm sympathetic.  I'm afraid the only thing to do at this
point is to try to get a collaborative complaint from someone else.  If
this happens regularly on Windows ME, we should fix it.  OTOH, if it's
something local to his installation, he should reinstall ME.

- C