[Zope] (no subject)

gitte@babytux.dk gitte@babytux.dk
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 19:29:07 +0200

DATA
Subject: Re: [Zope] Delete multiple posts
From: Gitte Wange <gitte@babytux.dk>
To: Casey Duncan <cduncan@kaivo.com>
Date: 03 Apr 2001 18:28:23 +0200

On 03 Apr 2001 10:15:18 -0600, Casey Duncan wrote:
> Gitte Wange wrote:
> >
> > Well that helped a little.
> > I set the Form ACTION-tag to sqlDeleteClips (which is my sql method) and
> > the checkbox name to "ids:list"
> > When I hit the submit button, you see a Zope page where there is a input
> > box to enter the ids in .. but I just want it do delete the ones that
> > are selected ???
> >

> You can't point the action of the form directly to the SQL method
> because it is not a web template. I would suggest having the form call
> itself and add some dtml logic at the top to determine that the user
> deleted something. Have it then fire off the SQL method before drawing
> the checkboxes. Something like so:
>
> <dtml-if delete>
>       <dtml-call name="sqlDeleteClips">
> </dtml-if>
>
> <form action="&dtml-URL;">
> <dtml-in sqlSelectClips>
>     <input type="checkbox" name="ids:list" value="&dtml-id;" />
>     <dtml-var name="title"><br />
> </dtml-in>
> <input type="submit" name="delete" value="Delete" />
> </form>
>
> Substitute your field names for "id" and "title" above.
> --
> | Casey Duncan
> | Kaivo, Inc.
> | cduncan@kaivo.com
> `------------------>

Now I get the following error after hitting the submit button:
Error Type: error
            Error Value: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
'['2', '2', '2', '2', '2', '2', '2', '2', '2']' at line 1

Yes I am stupid but I don't understand what the problem is.
The argument for my sql method is: ids:list

--
Gitte Wange Jensen

System Squid Developer
MMManager Aps