[Zope] writing dtml on zope.org

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:48:10 -0400

--On Monday, April 30, 2001 13:46:22 -0600 Casey Duncan <cduncan@kaivo.com>
wrote:

> ethan mindlace fremen wrote:

> Many members use it to create a dynamic home page on Zope.org. However,
> if a good template was available, that might suffice. Also an alternate
> side bar method (using tinytable maybe?) would need to be found.

yes, an alternate sidebar (frankly, navigation in general) would be
provided. OTOH, home pages would be a bit less customisable, in part
because many user's home pages override standard_html_header & footer and
thus make the site-wide nav break.

> This would break a great many members home pages to I am afraid.

If we had a standard way of showing off member's content, would that be OK?

in addition, we are going to give people the chance (if they are doing
mini-sites) to move their sites to some place more appropriate, like a zope
hosting provider.

--
ethan mindlace fremen
zopatista community liason