[Zope] SSL for authentication only

Stephan Goeldi stephan.goeldi@datacomm.ch
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 18:48:42

What do you think about SSL for authentication only? Wouldn't it be a good
idea to redirect all /manage urls to the 443-port? I only need SSL for the
authentication. I think there should be a possibility to let Apache look at
the url, and if there is a /manage string, it would redirect it to the
virtual SSL-server. After this, encryption is not needed anymore and it can
go on at the unencrypted virtual server.

If I only would know how to look at the url with regular expressions ...
I think redirecting would work with ProxyPass or Rewrite.

Did I miss something? Can anyboldy help me?