[Zope] Great html-applet ( commecial ) to be used as a content-editing tool with Zope

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 19:43:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Heimo Laukkanen wrote:

> Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> >
> > The internetlicense for Realobjects is >$200 and the standard is <$600.
> > A lot for just testing.
> >
> > Can you not write a How-To on how to implement it?
>
> I will write an How-to with screenshots, so that people will see the
> impact the tools has to the usability. I will also contact the
> Realobjects so that possibly they can write a bit simplier info about
> their licences -- meaning what does it cost to use it in different
> places, so that people will see what it would cost to use this tool in
> their projects.
>
> And if there are interested parties involved, we migth even go on and
> look for an opensource-alternatives, that migth do atleat some of the
> things with no fees at all. I have atleast seen one standard almost
> wysiwyg-html editor applet, which was distributed in BSD-licence. Anyone
> interested to join in this?

We're testing realobject's Java-based textarea-replacement right now.
If you'd like to see it in action in an actual Zope setting, you can try:

  http://scw.org/volunteers/input

At realobject's site, they have a much more complete demo:

  http://realobjects.de

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>