[Zope] Show Viewable folders

Montagne, Michael montagne@BOORA.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:07:55 -0700

Apparently checking or unchecking the permission "Access Contents
Information"  is the key.  I was thinking that "View" would designate
whether "skip_unauthorized" is triggered.  I guess it is because there is a
reference to <dtml-var id> in the code.  Works good noe though.

-mjm

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Cameron Cooper [mailto:jccooper@rice.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 8:09 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Show Viewable folders

>That returns all the folders, including the one I'm not authorized to view.

I'd say that's a symptom of a permissions or authentication problem. A
dtml-in trying to use unauthorized objects will explode, unless you skip
them with the skip_unauthorized. There's a bug in (at least) 2.3.3 that
screws up the sequence-first/index/last stuff, but I don't think that's
relevant right now.

But it doesn't let you view unauthorized objects. Either you are
authenticated as someone you don't think you are, or your permissions
aren't doing what you think they should.

            --jcc
        (credentials)