[Zope] expire ZCatalog entries automatically

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 06:23:54 -0500

Hi Marcus,

It depends on what you mean by "expire"! If you want them to not be
'found' by your query you can add a term to your query like so:

    Catalog(bobobase_modification_time=_.DateTime(date)-5,
            bobobase_modification_time_usage='range:min')"

this will return results of objects that have changed in the last 5
days. If you want to check for creation time, you'll need to set a
property to the current time when the object is created, or if you want
to set an expiration date, you'll need to set that and use that property
in your query.

If you mean that you want the object *removed* from the catalog, you'll
need to call uncatalog_object (or something like that) to physically
remove the object from the catalog. You could use Xron, or a Python
Script called via an externally triggered cron job to periodically sweep
the catalog checking for expired objects.

-steve