[Zope] Error creating file (426) when accessing Zope using FTP

Marc Balmer marc@msys.ch
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 21:36:25 +0200

Am Sonntag, 5. August 2001 um 21:13 schrieb Dieter Maurer:

> Marc Balmer writes:
>> I try to upload a file to my Zope installation at localhost:8021 using
>> FTP. When I "put" the file I keep getting an error 426, error creating
>> file.
> Probably, your file is interpreted as of a Zope object type
> (maybe DTML Document) and does not have the correct content
> for this interpretation.

Thanks to Steve Spicklemire I solved this puzzle, it's amazingly
simple an incredible annoying:  If the file being uploaded (a DTML
document) is syntactically incorrect it can not be stored.

The (rather simple) ZOPE error message reminds me of an early
BASIC interpreter that ran on Atari TOS around ten years ago:  If
there was a syntax error somewhere in your program it just output
"something is wrong".  What exactly went wrong "das wissen die
Goetter - und die schweigen".

Thanks for your help and best regards,
Marc

--
Marc Balmer, Micro Systems, Kannenfeldstrasse 32, CH-4056 Basel
Tel +41 61 383 05 10, Fax +41 61 383 05 12, http://www.msys.ch/