[Zope] Flash XMLRPC clients for Zope ....

Nigel Head nhead@houbits.com
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 07:18:08 +0200

I saw an enquiry a while back about Flash XML-RPC clients. After some
spelunking I can add my 2 eurocents to the situation ...  unfortunately not
good news.

The Flash player (version 42, AFAIK the newest) now claims to allow the
setting of the Content-type, necessary for getting Zope to agree that this is
xmlrpc, but still appears to have a bug where it appends a few garbage
characters after the desired value. Zope checks for exact content type of
text/xml and therefore fails to recognise the request. I haven't found a way
to persuade the flash player not to do this although one may exist.

I have patched my Zoep to check only the first 8 characters, this then works
OK, but is ugly, and incorrect!

I'll report the assumed bug to M'media and see what they have to say!

regards,

Nigel.