[Zope] Creating class instances brings up strange login dialog

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 22:34:12 +0200 (CEST)

Andy Bulka writes:
 > Python script objects seem not to allow
 >  1. the creation of instances of my own custom classes e.g. Class AA:
They are allowed, provided you supplied the appropriate permission
declarations and the current user has the required permissions.

 >  2. the use of __init__ constructor methods or anything starting with __
They are unable to access anything starting with "_".

 > Restriction #1 is a rather extreme limitation that isn't mentioned clearly
 > anywhere in my reading, which includes the tutorials and the zope book.  The
 > zope book mentions only the security limitations and import library
 > limitations.  Why isn't the inability to create class instances mentioned?
It does not exist.
 > Or am I running into a neewbee problem?
Maybe.

 >  Running the same python code as zope external methods works fine.
External Methods are executed outside Zope's security restrictions....

Dieter