[Zope] Different external method and acquisition syntax question.

jelle jellej@pacbell.net
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 00:14:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I can't seem to find an answer to my external method and acquisition
syntax question so here goes:

I have three objects:

python script(alpha) -> external method(beta) -> zsql(delta)

The python script "alpha" is in  subfolder "/proj/py_script".
The external method "beta" is in subfolder "/proj/ex_python".
the zsql object "delta" is in subfolder "/proj/db".

The python script "alpha" is invoked and calls:

  context.ex_python.beta()

External method "beta" is fired up and  calls:

  self.db.delta()

Which results in a runtime error of:
  Error Type: AttributeError
  Error Value: db

I've tried moving zsql object "delta" into the "/proj/ex_python"
subfolder and changed the code in external method "beta" to read

  self.delta()

Which resulted in a runtime error of:
  Error Type: AttributeError
  Error Value: delta