[Zope] The Profiler for measuring Zope calculation times

Kamon Ayeva kamon.ayeva@experts-md.com
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 16:14:45 +0200

Thanks Chris for your quick answer,

I am trying to elaborate on it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris McDonough" <chrism@zope.com>
To: "Kamon Ayeva" <kamon.ayeva@experts-md.com>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] The Profiler for measuring Zope calculation times

> You can't measure certain methods without delving into Python.  You
> might create an external method named "printTime" that just printed the
> start and end times to the console, e.g.
>
> import time
> def printTime():
>      print time.time()

Due to fact that I need to do the profiling on every Url, on a complex
dynamic site, I can't do that.

> If that doesn't strike you, you can measure how long a certain URL takes
> to render by using the "big M" log and the requestprofiler (in Zope
> 2.4's utilities directory).  But this won't let you see "inside" of the
> method that represents the URL (e.g. if the URL represents 'index_html',
> you won't be able to see how long the left_nav_bar takes).

That's actually what I need. On the rendering of every URL, I have some
presentation DTML methods calling each other (including a recursive DTML
call). So I would like to know the percentage of time spent by each of these
methods within the global page rendering time.

Thanks,
Kamon