[Zope] Zope questions

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:02:52 -0500

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 02:42:59PM +0100, Dave Swegen wrote:

> Zope seems great as far as creating original content, and managing
> users. However, from what I've seen, using external tools seems
> trickier. For instance, we have a lot of tools which generate plain
> HTML pages (using everything from cron driven shell scripts to
> handwritten HTML). We obviously don't wish to reinvent all these
> tools (or give up the flexibility). How much would we lose switching
> to zope?

You don't have to give up any of it: stick Squid or Apache in front of
Zope, and use URL rewriting to forward particular requests to either a
traditional static web server, or to Zope. Examples using Apache are
given at http://www.zope.org/Members/mwr/VHosts_With_Zope_Default

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu